At Rent Now Pay Later - Ghana & DCANS Properties Limited we treat your Data with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with Data Protection Law.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and recognise our responsibility to hold your information securely and confidentially.
1. Using our website
We will collect personal information when you apply to Rent Now Pay Later - Ghana or carry out transactions with us once you have purchased a home through Rent Now Pay Later - Ghana.
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. As you browse through our website, our web server collects information about your visit, not about you personally. We gather and monitor statistics such as:
• The number of people who visit our site
• The number of new/repeat visitors
• The date and time of visits
• The number of pages viewed
• The time spent on the site
• The most popular sections of our site
(This list is not exhaustive)
This information is anonymous and no attempt will be made to identify visitors. The information can help us to ensure our site is user friendly and convenient for visitors; however, we know nothing about these visitors in terms of email addresses or any other personal information.
Where it is necessary to provide any service you request (for example, if you subscribe to email updates or if you use our contact form with a query) we will ask for personal information from which you can be identified and so that we can provide you with a response (such as your name, address, phone number, email address). This information is stored on our website. We may monitor, record and keep any emails you send us via this website.
Where you have subscribed to our email update service, you may unsubscribe at any time. A quick link facility for unsubscribing is included in each email update. To view our privacy statement on how we process data for our mailing lists please see below.
2. Social Buttons
On every page of the site you will see buttons for social media sites such as Twitter or Facebook. You should be aware that if you click on any of these buttons, these external third party sites will be registering that action and may use your information. In some cases these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting our site, and the specific pages you are on. This might happen even if you don’t click on the button if you are logged into their services. You should check the respective policies of such sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt-out or delete such information.
3. Information relating to Rent to Buy Ghana clients
If you are an existing Rent to Buy Ghana client or an applicant, details of how we process your personal information and who we share it with will be contained in the relevant application forms and literature.
4. Information relating to professional advisers
We retain information about professional advisers who may be appointed to act for Rent to Buy in providing its services to clients and applicants.
Section B: Marketing Privacy Statement
This is the Privacy Notice of Rent Now Pay Later - Ghana. It tells you about the information we collect from you, what we ask others to tell us about you and what we do with your information. At Rent Now Pay Later we treat your Data with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with Data Protection Law. When we collect Personal Data, about you and other people this Information will remain strictly confidential.
1. Why do we collect your Personal Data?
We collect your personal data to send you information regarding our products and future updates.
We may provide you information regarding future information evenings and events. We may use your information to understand how people interact with our websites, carry out and determine the effectiveness of advertising/marketing campaigns and to help us run promotional campaigns. The information you provide us with will be used to add you to a mailing list for the purposes outlined above.
2. Consequences of failure to provide Information
If we cannot collect necessary Information from you, it will make it impossible for us to add you to our mailing list and provide you with information on our products, future updates and the purposes as outlined above.
3. The Lawful Grounds for Processing your Information
We process your information for lawful reasons. These are:-
• Contract: the processing is needed because you have a contract with us
• Legal obligation: this is so that we can comply with certain laws.
• Consent: when you have consented to us processing your information.
• Legitimate interests: this means that the processing is in our Legitimate Interests. We will not prejudice your rights when processing your information for our legitimate interests, and you have the right to opt out of our processing on this basis at any time.
• Criminal Law Enforcement
4. The Purpose of Processing your Information and the associated Lawful Bases
Here we set out the way we process your information and also the grounds we rely on to do this.
Why we process your information:
• To send you information regarding our products and future updates.
• Provide you information regarding future information evenings and events.
• To understand how people interact with our websites, carry out and determine the effectiveness of advertising/marketing campaigns and to help us run promotional campaigns.
• To add you to a mailing list
5. Transfer of Information
We may only transfer your personal data outside of Ghana, as part of The DCANS Group Limited's Unified Data Platform, Doctopus.me
6. How long do Rent to Buy Ghana keep your Information?
We keep your information for as long as required for the purpose that you gave it to us for. Please note that you can unsubscribe to the mailing list at any time. For more information please contact our Data Protection Officer.
7. Your Rights
Accessing your Information:
You have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data. If you would like a copy of your information, please write to our Data Protection Officer. Your request will be dealt with as quickly as possible and in any event you will not have to wait for more than a month for us to respond. If at that stage we are unable to provide the data you require (due to the complexity or number of requests) we can extend the period to provide the data by a further two months but shall explain the reason why.
Correcting your Information:
You have the right to have your information corrected free of charge by contacting our our Data Protection Officer.
8. Who controls your Personal Data and how can you contact them?
9. Your Right to Make a Complaint
If you are unhappy about the way we handle your Personal Data please contact our Data Protection Officer and we will do our best to address your concerns swiftly and resolve any issues you have.
If you have a concern about an Organisation’s information rights practices, you can report it to the Data Protection Commission (DPC), Ghana.
11. Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in November 2020.